Friday, January 27, 2012

Birthday

Usually I am pretty excited when it comes to my birthday. I used to have a reputation of telling the whole neighborhood weeks before that I would become a year older and that everyone should get me a present. Now that I have turned 25, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to anymore. This is the year when the body officially begins to decay. No more developing, just decaying. :(

On a lighter note, I found out that Korea can make some legit Italian food. Korea is big on fusion when it comes to foreign dishes and usually always fails on my palate. For my birthday dinner, we booked a spot on the 42nd floor of our apartment building that we have been eyeing for a while. Santa Lucia overlooks the Pyeongchon/Beomgye area and its interior is very romantic. The price is very reasonable and the taste is absolutely delish!

Mussel salad
This appetizer dish tasted like it looked. The restaurant was very generous and the size of the plate was bigger than my place setting. Along with a tasty spring salad came these giant mussels topped with a savory spicy tomato sauce.









Seafood Pasta
As my main dish, I ordered the Seafood Pasta. I wish the quality of this photo was better. This dish came out with a huge crab claw sticking out of the pasta. This creamy dish was filled with tomatoes, broccoli, and little bits of crab and scallops.








I wish I took photos of what my friends ordered, but I know that they enjoyed it as much as I have.

After dinner, we decided to relocate to a bar called The Flair Bar. One disappointment of the night was that this bar adds tax to every drink. This super expensive bar also made the birthday girl go behind the bar with her boyfriend and made them do some weird stuff I will never understand.
Bryan at Flair Bar

Look at this crazy menu at this bar. It starts off looking like a regular liquor box and then fans out to that!
















The rest of the night ends with me acting old and sneaking out of the bar to go to bed. Thanks to my friends for coming out and celebrating this 'awful' day with me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment