Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Icing on the cake

Koreans are so cute when it comes to dating. I'm not talking about the matching couple outfits, but about all the cool date spots.

Cake decorating with your significant other is definitely an option. There are actually a bunch of places like this in Korea, and one just happens to be right near my building! I also went with a bunch of girl friends since we didn't know it was a couple hotspot.
One of the "hostesses" will go over different options the place has to offer. There many types of cakes to choose from (white, chocolate, cheesecake), as well as different flavored cupcakes. They also go over what kind of icing you would like to put on your cake. The price range is not bad at all. For a full cake, it costs about 20,000WON and about 4,000WON for each of the cupcakes. This price includes the icing. You do have to pay extra for other decorations like sprinkles, fruits, etc, but they're fairly cheap.
The good news is that the cake is made at the place. I guess the one downside is that since they have to make so many, they keep them refrigerated. This means you end up with cold cake.
We decided to go for the cupcake option. They were surprisingly delicious and much easier to decorate!
The icing is made right in front of you by one of the workers. It's fresh whip cream icing, which means ten times more delicious than just regular icing.  I was not much of a decorator than I was at being a taster. I found myself eating more of the icing than making my cupcake look good.
Here's the final product of one of my friend's. She said she was an art major.

I definitely had fun with my friends. Although they seemed too pretty to eat, we ended up gobbling them up right after.


1 comment:

  1. cute post. fyi, cake's easier to decorate when cold :]

    ReplyDelete