Monday, July 30, 2012

Bau House: Dog Cafe

If I wasn't so busy trying to take advantage of my weekend trips, I would get myself a dog in a heartbeat. I have a dog back in America and I miss him so much. Sometimes I have an urge to go and get a dog, but I end up stopping myself by planning a trip.

In order to suppress my appetite of dogs (haha), I like to visit dog cafes.
There are a few dog and cat cafes all around Seoul. Since I'm allergic to cats, I decided to check out the Bauhaus dog cafe next to Hapjeong station (between exit #3 and #4). If you want to visit, please be aware that this same cafe used to be in the Hongdae area, but has moved to this location.
The cafe is divided into two areas: one for bigger dogs and the other for the smaller. There are all kinds of breeds of dogs in this cafe, including huskies and dalmatians. These dogs are so beautiful, but almost seemed out of place, since you see most Koreans owning small house dogs. I'm not sure how these dogs are brought here, but they seemed happy for the most part. All the guests are obviously dog lovers so these dogs were getting enough love and attention.
Some people bring their own dogs to this cafe, since it's a good way for them to play around with others of their kind. You can buy treats for them or even bring a toy for them to play with.
One thing that may throw you off guard when you first enter the cafe is the smell. You do get used to it after a while, but it might be a blow to a non-dog owner's nose. Yes, there will be accidents everywhere, but do not worry. You got workers all over the place constantly scooping and cleaning up the lovely presents left behind by our furry friends.
There is an entrance fee for this cafe, but it's also free if you buy a drink, which are pretty decently priced. I think this is pretty cool place for all dog-lovers to check out.
This is also a great way to spend a rainy day in Seoul.



No comments:

Post a Comment