Monday, July 9, 2012

R16 Korea: World BBoy Masters Championship

I'm not a dancer nor do I ever aspire to be one. However, I do love the art of dancing. Movies like Step Up and You Got Served are my guilty pleasures, but being able to see an actual dance competition in real life was such an awesome experience.
R16 Championships are held in various countries, hosting what's supposed to be 16 bboy crews from all over the world. This past weekend, it was held in Korea.
The competition was a three day event, each night hosting a different show. However, this competition was not limited to just dance. Graffiti artists were also able to show off their skills as well as few singer performances scattered throughout. 
The graffiti isn't too visible in this picture, but from what you can see, they were all drawn on the spot. 
I went to the last show on the last day of the event for the bboy crew and battle competition. Korea won the bboy crew competition (I think Belgium should have won) and Massive Monkeez from America won the battle competition.
Overall, it was an exciting event and it was really cool to see bboy crews from countries like Kazakhstan, Finland, Belgium, and many more competing in Seoul. Check out this video that I recorded of Massive Monkeez (USA) performing!

No comments:

Post a Comment