Monday, September 24, 2012

Beauty shop: Etude House

I mentioned in an earlier post that Korea is the aesthetic capital of the world. Continuing along, I wanted to post a blog about beauty shops out here.
There are a lot of beauty shops in Korea, but I wanted to blog about a particular one: Etude House. At first this store may seem too pink and too girly to go into, but there are a couple of things in there worth checking out.
Korea hasn't really grasped the idea of deodorant yet. However, it's not a stinky country. They are super concerned about hygiene, so I honestly have no idea how they hide body odor. Unfortunately, B.O and pit stains aren't things everyone can hide. For that reason, Etude house sells deodorants. I've seen spray deodorants here and there, but I feel like the idea of it is still pretty rare in Korea. I also mentioned in a previous blog post to pack deodorant before coming out here. I haven't tried this product yet, so I can't tell you if it works well or not. But I can tell you that it sold me solely based on the packaging. It's so cute!
This might come off as a bit gross, but I do not wash my hair everyday. If I did, I might become bald. The hard water in Korea also doesn't help. For that reason, dry shampoo is my good friend. America is all about the dry shampoo and even has sections in the shampoo aisle dedicated to it. I can't just use baby powder on my black hair, so lucky for me, Etude House sells dry shampoo. It's a new product even for Etude House, but I know it has gotten some great reviews from the residents here. I have no idea why they would be behind on these products, but I'm glad they're getting the hang of it.

Etude House also sells a wide range of cosmetics including, but not limited to nail, acne, body, and foot care products. It's located all throughout Korea. You can't miss the all-pink and dollhouse style entrances!



6 comments:

  1. You can know all about beauty shop etude house from the post here. useful post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, lots of people appreciate it! Some people are looking for more beauty product which is safe and effective.


    manuka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight.
    Muslim Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many.
    קוסמטיקאית
    קוסמטיקאית

    ReplyDelete