Monday, September 17, 2012

Restaurant: Mad for Garlic

I've been blogging a lot on restaurants lately, but that's seriously what I've been doing with my free time. Since it's been rainy on and off in Korea, the best way to spend time was indoors. So instead of laying around in bed all day (also not a bad idea), I decided to venture out to different restaurants in Korea.
This time, I checked out Mad for Garlic. I have been meaning to go to this restaurant since last year, but never really found time for it. Well, I finally got to go for my one year anniversary with my boyfriend and it was one of the best non-Korean dinners I have had in Korea.
Just like the name suggests, this Italian restaurant is all about garlic. Every single dish has garlic in it, even the desserts. They even have an appetizer named Dracula Killer because of the amount of it contains. I love garlic, so this was perfect for me. Someone once told me it was too garlic-y for their taste, but it suited my palate well.
I wish I had more pictures of all the food we ate because we actually ordered four different dishes. Unfortunately, hunger got the best of us and we ended up cleaning up the dish before we even thought about pictures. The picture above is their garlic bread tower. It's served to you upright with some roasted garlic seasoning on top, but the server mixes it all in and flattens it out so it's easier for you to eat. This bread is no Texas Toast garlic bread, but it was fresh and tasty.
We also ordered the Gorgonzola pizza with honey sauce on the side. Who knew honey (sprinkled with garlic) and Gorgonzola would be like a match made in heaven? Along with the pizza, we also got the crab and lobster cream pasta. I forgot about my diet and indulged myself in this gluttony. For dessert, we had the garlic cheesecake. The name does not sound very appetizing, but you could barely taste the garlic in it and it tasted great with the blueberry sauce drizzled around it.
I wish I had a clearer picture of this restaurant. The lighting is very dim, so my camera could only handle so much clarity. The restaurant had a very Tuscan dungeon feel to it with its grey brick walls with wine glasses hanging on some wrought iron.
The price can get a little wild, especially if you order from their steak menu, but pretty decent for the quality and the amount of food you order. Is it a good place for a first date? Maybe, if you don't mind tasting garlic for the next couple of hours. Mad for Garlic has 17 locations throughout Seoul and one location in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment